Saturday, December 31, 2011

So Long 2011! Hello 2012


So I just read an article a few days ago about some hot foods in 2012. I figured I would share them with you today so you could get a leg up on the other foodies around town. I read the article on Nutrition Unplugged website. Don't let the name fool you. It isn't about healthy food or anything. While I am prepping, chopping, and baking for a few friends that are coming over tonight I wanted to talk about a few of the highlights on the list. 

2012 will be the Year of the Potato

Idaho potato farmers rejoice! The real awesomeness comes in when you see what chefs will be doing with potatoes in 2012. Let's talk about french fry menus. You can choose the cut ( I prefer thick cut steak fries), crispness ( the crispier the better), and even what dipping sauces you prefer. I am a dip nut and will dip almost anything in ranch, BBQ, or sweet and sour sauce. I am on board with this. Another exciting idea was adding custom dustings to the fries, like mustard dust, spicy sea salt blends etc. Hooray for french fries!

Grilled Cheese is the New Hamburger


Honestly, who does not like grilled cheeses? Brittany, if you are reading this I know you spend half of your natural born life hating cheese so I know you could not fathom this when we were little, but I am so happy you have moved to the dark side. Grilled cheeses are ooey gooey and are the ultimate comfort food. Sliders and gourmet hamburgers have been all the rage the last few years and it is time to crown a new king in town. More and more restaurants are adding artisan grilled cheeses to their menus and there are even restaurants that only serve grilled cheeses! Love it.  

Doughnuts Get Upgraded


Well, once again, something I am totally fine with. I think what they are meaning here is that you will be seeing not your average circular donuts. Benigets, churros,mini donuts beautifully decorated and even zeppoles will be popular. I may already be trending this since I made Mario Batali's fried zeppole recipe last month. And let me tell you, they were AMAZING!  

So let's all get excited for 2012. 2011 was great for me. I married my amazing husband and started this blog. Here's to a great 2012 ( even if it is the last year before the world ends.)  

What food trends are you all excited for in 2012?



No comments:

Post a Comment