Thursday, December 29, 2011

Outside the Kitchen: Boston!

Cheddar Jalapeno Bagel.Cheeseburger.latte.cucumber mule.mushroom pizza

Greetings from Boston,Massachusetts! Toby and I spent two days of our vacation in our favorite hotel, The Omni Parker House. This hotel is amazing. It is one of the most historic buildings in Boston. It was still decorated for Christmas and was so beautiful. Plus it is near some of the best restaurants in Boston. I'm salavating. 


Our first night we walked over to Bricco, a restaurant nestled in the heart of the North End. There are hundreds of restauurants in the North End, but this one stands out. I had been wanting to go to this restaurant for a year! I saw it featured on this show Pasta Paradise ( you may have been with familiar with other shows like Steak Paradise, Fried Food Paradise etc.) The show basically goes around the country in search of the best food featured on the show that day. Bricco makes many of their pastas fresh every day in a shop down the street, which added to the appeal for me. I am always up for fresh pasta. The menu was amazing and it was so hard to decide what to eat! Before the waitress came over I was going to get pumpkin tortelli, but after hearing the specials I changed my mind.

I decided on the tomato soup with pesto drizzle and then the pasta special, which had asparagus, sausage, and home made angel hair pasta. This was all topped with the most amazing truffle cream sauce. Now when I say truffle, I do not mean trufle oil folks. I mean real shavings of black truffle. That may be the first time I have ever had that. And I will be eating it whenever I can.  

What a bold flavor! Yum.

Not an elegant angle, but I rushed because I wanted to eat it!

Toby decided on a ceasar salad with fried ricotta and pork loin with carmelized onions and ricotta gnoccetini. He let me have one bite ( yes only one) and the pork was juicy and delicious. The gnochetini ( tiny gnocchi) were so light.
Dressing on the side..just how he likes it!
My mouth is watering right now. I'm serious.
We ended the dinner with this masterpiece. The most beautiful tiramisu I have ever seen. Wrapped in the most decadent white chocolate wrapping. Oh.. and a nutella martini. Why have I never thought of this? Hello frangelico. 



The next night we were so tired from walking around all day with high winds and freezing temperatures ( we need to move somewhere warm) we did not want to leave our room. Hello Room Service! There is something about room service that makes staying at hotels so appealing. Well, if the room service is good that is. And the room service at the Omni Parker is excellent. What a great end to a short trip! Take a look at what we got. 

Steak tips and fingerling potatoes
Toby ate this cheesecake in 2 minutes. So light and delicious
What have you all been eating over the holidays?


No comments:

Post a Comment