Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Need Help for the Holidays? Watch my First Ever Cooking Videos!




So as I explained yesterday, today we (myself and Three Desert Films) will be releasing my first ever cooking demo just in time for the holidays! I know what it is like to host a holiday party and you  tend to stick with what you know how to cook (chips and dip or crudite platter etc.) Don’t get me wrong, nothing is wrong with these, but let’s branch out a bit, shall we? I also wanted to make this video in case people are stuck in a pinch. One of your appetizers was just incinerated in the oven; you forgot some ingredients for your bruschetta. It happens.


I chose this recipe because it is easy to make and has little ingredients. Like most of the recipes I prefer to cook, you are learning the method. Learn how to wrap something in puff pastry and cook it and you are in the clear! Heck, you can wrap almost anything in puff pastry and it would be delicious. Spinach and feta was my choice, but you can also choose: Brie and jam, mozzarella and pepperoni, sausage and sage. Use your imagination!


For our second video demo we focused on cocktails! Eggnog is such a holiday staple, but we figured we would “jazz it up” a bit. We used Spice Box Whiskey (http://spiceboxwhisky.com/) because it had a yummy vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon flavor that paired perfectly with eggnog. So for the jazzy part of the eggnog, we added chili powder. For those of you who like sweet and spicy flavors together- this drink is for you! Make it easy on yourself as a host- let people server themselves. Put a pitcher of eggnog on your bar and let them add as little or as much chili powder (or whiskey) as they like. Hey, it’s the holidays right?

I hope you liked our first holiday cooking demonstrations. Oh yeah.. and check out Three Desert Film’s blog too(http://threedesertfilms.blogspot.com/) ! They have some pretty awesome action videos on there. Although, after filming these demos with me they may switch to cooking shows. J  Happy Holidays!!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those videos are spectacular! I love the quality and the sound, and you are a natural in front of the camera ;-) I look forward to seeing more videos with great ideas like those, and I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ruth! That means so much to me! This is what I am truly passionate about and I hope it came through! This is the first of many videos so if you have any ideas let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute Leanne! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete