Sunday, December 18, 2011

My First Cooking Demo- Behind the Scenes!!

My and Kevin the awesome camera man/director

Today I want to talk about this awesome project I have been working on with my friends who are a part of the film group, Three Desert Films. They helped me film my first cooking video! We did two videos. One making easy holiday party snacks! We made spinach and feta puff pastry bites! Yum! Then we made some fun a festive holiday cocktail, sweet & Spicy eggnog with Spice Box Whiskey!

Jon & I "loosening up" with wine

Might I add, this was not an easy task. Jon ( my co-host and member of Three Desert Films) and I started the demo off with a glass of wine to “loosen us up.” I would say it worked. Yes it was 1pm. Hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. I realized how serious these guys were when they were setting up all of their lighting and microphones. Let me tell you, stay under those lights long enough and you will get hot. Really hot. Is this what Rachael Ray feels like?
Look at all those lights!!

Anyway, it took us about 3 hours to film both segments and we had a blast doing it. These videos will be posted on youtube tomorrow, but I will post them here also for your viewing pleasure!  Hope they give you some great ideas for the holidays! 



3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I can't wait to check out the videos. Oh, and super jealous of the big island in your kitchen....I craaaaave a big work space like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Islands are great for cooking. And I wish it was my kitchen! It was my co-hosts! My next house will have a GIANT kitchen. Priority #1. I posted the videos this am! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing !! great work - happy new year too !

    ReplyDelete