Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIAW& English Muffin Bread


It's that time again for What I ate Wednesday (WIAW) This post is a hodge podge of highlights of what I have eaten so far this week. I am also sharing a recipe for my guilty pleasure of the week English muffin bread!
 So this week I ate:

Breakfast: English Muffin Bread with butter and Jelly ( OMG)
Snack: Chocolate Coconut Luna Bar. OMG- taste just like a Somoa Cookie
Lunch: Home Made grilled veggie Pizza
Dinner: Fish Tacos at Perro Salado!!! Best tacos ever
Disaster of the week: Not putting enough tomato sauce in the crock pot and burnt it all. :(

And as for the best bread I have ever made. I have been busting a gut to make this bread. I love English muffins and I love bread. Put them together and it is a match made in heaven! This bread was really easy to put together! I used a recipe from the blog, One Good Thing and it was super easy to follow. You basically dump everything into a bowl and mix. Now that is my kind of baking!

I got really nervous about throwing all the ingredients in together as her directions say. I know salt can kill yeast so I didn't risk it. I only had 2 packs left and if I killed it I was not getting this amazing bread! So I let the yeast, sugar, and water sit for 10 minutes then added salt and flour. It came out perfectly. If you want to live on the wild side, try it out her way. I'm sure it will be fine!

As this bread was baking my house smelled so amazing. Toby kept checking it and saying ,"Oh my God, they look so good." So the anticipation was killing me! With ten minutes left make sure to brush the bread with butter for some color. Yum. The verdict: this bread was amazing. We had some last night and I had it for breakfast. It tasted just like and English muffin.  I had mine with butter and jelly, but add whatever you like!

English Muffin Bread ( I cut this recipe in half when I made it)

5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (I used bread flour....but my Mom always used All Purpose)

Mix altogether, let rise in bowl until double in bulk, then spoon into 4 greased loaf pans.  Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pan, and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

10 minutes before done, brush with melted butter. Makes 4 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to
OMG.OMG.OMG.

COOL COMPLETELY before cutting.


4 comments:

  1. Really great, I would love to try that bread, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks AMAZING.... I am placing my order for a warm slice for Sunday morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. English muffin bread?! OH MY WORD! I love english muffins so much and turning into bread and then topping it with butter and jelly? yum yum yum! I am going to try making it this weekend, I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! It is so good. I have been having it every day! And Katie, I made two loaves so you can have some this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete