It's recipe swap time! Big thanks to Sarah from A Taste of Home Cooking for hosting the swap! This week's theme is recipes from celebrity chef's recipes. Well, let's just say it was quite easy to compile a list of recipes from celebrity chefs. I have about two million cookbooks from the likes of Mario Batali, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay and even the Top Chef Cookbook! I always love watching Giada De Laurentiis because she makes cooking look effortless and well she started off on Everyday Italian and I am about as Italian as they come. Part of me is jealous because of how beautiful ( and skinny) she is and she eats so much of her food. Oh well, I won't complain.
I have never stuffed tomatoes myself before so I was pretty excited to try these. Big thanks for Melissa from I was born to Cook for the recipe to try. I would imagine this recipe would be divine during the summer when tomatoes are so vibrant and juicy. Gosh I love summer. I have also always heard really good things about Roma tomatoes, but if you can't find them you can use regular tomatoes just make sure you get most of the liquid out before stuffing. Also feel free to stuff these with whatever you like. These other variations literally just came to me in five seconds. You can do this too! Use your imagination!
- Mexican Stuffed Tomatoes: Cilantro, chili powder,jalapenos and queso fresco
- French Style Stuffed Tomatoes: Herb de Provence, garlic and lemon zest
- My Personal Favorite: Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, and jalapenos and top with sour cream
- Greek Goddess: Chopped spinach, feta, and parsley
- Caprese: Fresh mozzarella, basil ( clearly the tomato is all set) drizzle of balsamic
Anyway, I digress, Here is Giada's recipe by way of Melissa. You can make as little or as many as you like this recipe serves 6-8.
Giada's Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
- 12 roma tomatoes , sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely crumbled gorgonzola or 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley , chopped