Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIAW & Baked Sweet Potato Chips

Pre baking..

It's that time again. Peas & Crayons was nice enough to host WIAW so I could talk about all of the healthy (and not so healthy) things I ate this week. I like to think that I eat healthy most of the time so I can indulge whenever the hell I feel like it! Here is a taste of some of the favorite things I ate this week!



Kashi.Chocolate Coffee.Almond Milk.Chicken Fingers.Gummies.Candy
Breakfast: Kashi Blueberry Heart to Heart. That was the first time I tried it and it was actually really good! And my new favorite K cup is chocolate glazed donut. Yum!


 Snacks: Almond Milk is my new favorite thing. Toby and I started drinking coconut milk, but it was a bit thin/watery for my taste.Almond milk is low in calories and tastes just like regular milk. Love it!

Dinner: Chicken Fingers! I have literally been craving chicken fingers for the last two weeks! So after two weeks of holding out I decided to give in. Totally worth it.

Candy: I snacked a bit here and there. Cadberry mini eggs and vodka infused gummy bears.


Baked Sweet Potato Chips

I am sticking with my theme of using your oven to make amazing dishes and this one is no different. I randomly made these when I was making my potato and goat cheese pizza.I spend a crap load of money on baked potato chips at the market and why spend $4 a bag when I can make them myself! You can season these however you like and can make as many or as little as you want. It is important when you make these to dry the potatoes after you slice them and before you bake them. Potatoes are very starchy so you need to take out some of the moisture. Also I sliced them on a mandolin in order for them to be the same thickness. After you slice them ,scatter on paper towel and put a piece of paper towel on top to blot.

It is kind of sad that I ate these so fast I didn't even take a photo of the finished product. They were crispy and delicious! Save yourself some money and make these yourself. You will not be disappointed!

( Serves 1-2)
Ingredients: 
1 large sweet potato
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil or cooking spray


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400F

Slice sweet potato and blot on paper towel to draw out moisture
Place on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray or toss with olive oil
Sprinkle with salt and pepper ( or any other seasonings) and bake for 10-15 minutes




5 comments:

  1. I just bought some sweet potatoes yesterday, I'll have to try these. They sound like a great snack:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider them made! I haven't had sweet potato chips in what seems like forever! Do you ever flavour them with spices? Paprika? Chili Spices? I love almond milk as well, it's like a special treat for me some nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These chips are right up my alley! RIght up there with those gummy bears! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweet potato chips sound amazing! Sounds like a perfect side to any lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are quite amazing and yes Jeff I always flavor with Chili spices! I might be making these every week. Seeing almost an entire potato was gone in five minutes just from me eating them. OOPS.. :)

    ReplyDelete