So I had this amazing pizza on a night when our friends Katie and Mark came over for our Spartacus viewing party. I was so crazy about this pizza I wanted to share it with all of you!This was one of the better Thai chicken pizza recipes I have seen and I didn't even cook it! Mark came over ( this recipe was his date) and he cooked it in our kitchen. You have to love friends coming to your house and cooking for you right?
If you are looking for a recipe for pizza that will not put you in the calories overload dog house you can count on this one! It had a ton of flavor and if you are a fan of sweet and salty( I totally am) then you will love this! If you can, use whole wheat dough. It gives the pizza a nice earthy flavor! This is a perfect pizza to make on a Friday night for your family or for friends like Mark did! The recipe is from Eating Well so at least you know you don't have to stop eating healthy to eat pizza!
Thai Chicken PizzaIngredients:
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough ( one dough ball)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
- Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.