Thursday, April 12, 2012

Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower


I have literally never been so excited to write a blog post in my life! A few months ago I attempted baked bang bang shrimp, which I was so excited about because I baked the shrimp instead of frying. Well people, let me tell you- I have outdone myself! I found a recipe on the blog That's So Michelle and I could not have been any more excited to make a dish for this blog! I had some cauliflower florets left over so I thought this would be a great way to use it.



Once again, my oven came through in the clutch!I have never breaded cauliflower before so I had no idea how it was going to come out. I breaded the cauliflower like you would chicken cutlets etc ( eggwash, panko bread crumbs.) Michelle's recipe uses corn starch, but I omitted that stage. Too much work and I am way too lazy.

When the cauliflower comes out of the oven I swear to you it may be one of the most amazing things you will have ever eaten! It is super crunchy, almost like a tater tot. This sauce is also amazing. I learned from last time and lightly tossed the cauliflower in the sauce instead of dumping it all together. That way you can add however much sauce you would like. I swear to you, you will be so happy if you try this!I will be making this all the time!


Bang Bang Cauliflower ( Adapted from That's so Michelle)


Ingredients:

2 egg whites
1 head cauliflower
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper
Green onion

Sauce
1/4 cup lite mayo
1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce or Siracha ( I used Siracha and it was delish)
**Franks Red Hot would taste weird I think so I would not suggest using it
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar

1. Slice your cauliflower florets. Mix salt, pepper into your panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.


2. Set separate bowls aside with egg whites and panko. Dip florets into egg whites, and then coat with panko mixture.
3. After coating all of your florets, put them on a sheet pan and bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until brown




4. In a small bowl mix all of your sauce ingredients. Coat your breaded and pan fried florets with sauce, top with sprinkles of green onion and serve right away.
Eat and Enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. Genius! I'm into this recipe 100% I haven't tried any bang bang recipes before, and I plan on making this my first! Next grocery shopping trip, I'm definitely getting me some cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. did. WHAT?

    I make bang bang shrimp all of the time. It's one of our favorites. But, I have never heard of bang bang cauli.

    I feel as if the sun just started to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is literally one of my new favorite dishes. I'm so glad you guys liked it! Jen let me know how it goes if you make it. I think you will be happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cauliflower and and I love oven "frying" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this! Yum. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this and vegan-ized it using veganaise instead of mayonaise and moist cauliflower instead of dipping them in egg whites. They didn't turn out very crispy but they were DELICIOUS! Spot on for the Bonefish Grill version. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they ended up coming out delicious! I'm glad there is now a vegan version! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  7. This is so good! I don't even like cauliflower at all but this recipe really makes it taste like chicken nuggets. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out SUPER YUMMY! Love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It is one of my fav's!

      Delete
  9. Could I use Thai Chili Paste? I don't have sirracha on hand.

    ReplyDelete