Hi Everyone! I am currently in one of my last semesters of grad schools and am completely consumed with all of the finals I have this week. I thought it would be fun to get the prospective of my other half, my husband Toby and have him write a post about being married to a food blogger. Now this should be interesting....
On monday my wife and host of this marvelous blog asked me to fill in for her this week for a post. As I debated on what to write about I realized - I'm no leanne in the kitchen! [Don't get me wrong, I can run a mean grill, but leanne has the cooking talent in this family]. So today Im going to provide a little insight into how the other half lives - husband to a food blogger.
As with most married couples our mornings begin the same way every day. The alarm goes off and the first thing out of leanne's mouth is not 'good morning', not 'how did you sleep', not even 'shut off that damn alarm!' - It's 'what am i going to make for dinner?' Its 6 am and she's already thinking about dinner...but she wouldn't be leanne if she said anything else! [eventually this progresses into a full-blown self conversation between leanne and her stomach]
Top 5 things I hear from my food blogger wife:
5. Toby, where's my camera
4. Can you move this lightbox for me.
3. Ugh, the sink is full of dishes again!
2. Can you hold this light for me.
1. Toby, I still cant find my camera!
...and 1 extra for good measure: Toby, Can you retweet my blog post
Perks to living with a food blogger:
1. Free dinners at amazing restaurants!
2. Fresh produce always on hand
3. Epic wing feasts during football sundays
4. We get to host dinner parties!
5. If I see something that looks AMAZING, Leanne will make it [hello Funfetti Pancakes!]
6. And of course...all the amazing food!
All jokes aside, living with a food blogger is a dream...and I'm lucky enough to be living with the best one out there!