Friday, July 20, 2012

Banana Bread Muffins


I love banana bread. I love muffins. I love muffins that I can throw together in five minutes. Like all this too? Try these muffins! The other aspect of why I love these muffins are that they are super healthy! All you need is yogurt,eggs, oatmeal, and very ( very) ripe bananas. I added some chia seeds for some more health benefits so feel free to add whatever else you would like. I actually wanted to top the muffins with walnuts, but we didn't have any. Come to think of it, chocolate chips would be a delicious also.

I love finding different recipes to cook for breakfast. I never want to wake up early to actually cook eggs or something like that, so muffins are always a perfect choice. I get to bake 12 separate breakfasts once and I am done! I especially like cooking things myself because you don't have to eat any additives or fat that you may find in processed foods. I love hostess cupcakes like none other, but for me, healthy is a better way to start the day! If you want to start your day off right- bake these muffins and your day off with a bang!

Banana Bread Muffins 

Recipe from Keeping Up with the Jonses

Ingredients
2 /1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
1 single serving cup of plain low fat Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sweetener of choice, I used the real stuff: sugar! or 2 tbs stevia sweetener
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners, (or just use a silicone muffin pan).
2. Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. 
3. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.



1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds delicious. I'm definitely going to have to try it. I would love to be able to Pin your dishes on Pinterest as it has become my virtual recipe box, but the link you have on the right side of the page doesn't really work. Any chance you can add the "Pin It" link next to the Google plus, facebook, twitter, etc links? Please and thank you for your inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete