Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chickpea & Cherry Tomato Salad


This salad emits summer. Cherry tomatoes are in season in New England and they are so sweet! They are perfect in salads, or even oven roasted in a pasta dish. I am always looking for new summer salads that I can try and this one was super simple, but had bold flavor so it fit the bill! Might I add, chickpeas are super healthy and full of protein. Since I am running from work to class twice a week I like packing simple salads with me so I can at least eat a yummy dinner while I fill my brain of business knowledge.

You can add any veggies you like to this salad. I think fresh mozzarella would be a nice addition to it to make it a chickpea-caprese salad. Yum! This salad would actually be great over some quinoa also. I found this recipe on Green Light Bites. I think it was the bright colors that drew me to it. Even the dressing is divine. It is mostly tangy, but with a touch of sweetness from the honey. Hello delicious! This dish would be perfect to bring to a picnic or to have a healthy option at a party because it is so easy to throw together. There is literally one step in making it and you can even make it in advance.

Ingredients: 
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • About 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 25 large basil leaves, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp honey (10g)
  • pinch of salt
Directions:
Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.
Then EAT!





No comments:

Post a Comment