|Best ingredients EVER|
Ok- I know breakfast for dinner is not an inventive idea. Plenty of people enjoy breakfast for dinner. I have never been one of those people. I like breakfast, but I am not in love with the idea of breakfast. I invited Kait over for dinner Sunday night and I thought about what I could make all day. For some reason nothing was sounding good to me. It was possible I was being lazy, but nothing was coming to me. Then- I Had It!!! Breakfast for Dinner. I had been craving french toast lately, but I only had regular wheat bread. Bleh. Good for sandwiches, but not french toast!I toyed with the idea of cream cheese and strawberry stuffed french toast. That idea led me to- Nutella Stuffed French Toast. So maybe this isn't even breakfast for dinner. Dessert for dinner? Probably closer to what we ate. Kait and I stuffed ours with strawberries also and it reminded me of the nutella and strawberry crepes at the Creperie. Love the combination.
- 10 slices thick bread of your choice or 5 large pieces with a pocket cut out. Whatever you prefer
- 5-6 Tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 4 large eggs
- Splash of milk or cream ( don't use skim)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsp. butter
- tsp cinnamon
- tsp nutmeg
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat a grill pan to 350 degrees F. Or heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread Nutella over five of the bread slices. What we did was cut the pieces of bread thick and cut pockets in them with a sharp knife. Top with remaining bread slices to make five sandwiches. Place the sandwiches in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla,cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over the sandwiches. Using tongs or your fingers, turn to make sure sandwiches soak up egg mixture.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Place French toast sandwiches in skillet. Cook until golden brown. Turn and cook another 2-4 minutes until golden on the other side. Cover for the last minute of cooking, so the Nutella melts completely. Top with powdered sugar.
|OMG Golden Goodness!|
|Our breakfast- including tater tots,bacon and hot chocolate=YUM|