Monday, July 8, 2013

Zucchini & Feta Quinoa Salad




Alright Folks! I am back in action! Things have been so insane with getting our house ready to move into, not to mention my husband had leg surgery! Sheesh, I was running around like a crazy person!I don't know about you, but with working and running around buying paint, curtains and furniture I barely had time to cook a good meal. Just because you aren't home does that mean you settle for fast food? Heck no! It means you cook something super easy that is healthy & yummy!( I know, a girl can dream!)
So I have probably come up with a million recipes with quinoa because I love it so much. I came up with this recipe because I had one giant zucchini and a tub of feta in my fridge. Done. I found dinner. I grated the zucchini with a box grater for this recipe but you can chop it up into cubes if you would like also. I made a vinaigrette of lemon zest,juice and olive oil and it was so light and delicious. When the temperature is 100 degrees outside ( yes, it got that hot in Rhode Island last week) then I am more than happy to have a salad instead of slaving over a stove. Fee free to add whatever you want to this salad.

Some ideas for Mix-Ins are:

  • Veggies ( broccolli,yellow squash,tomatoes,onions)
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Grilled Shrimp
  • Parmasean
  • Black Beans


Zucchini & Feta Quinoa Salad


Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa
1 lemon
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 zucchini, grated

Directions:
1 . Cook quinoa to packaged instructions.
2. While quinoa is boiling, mix lemon juice,zest and olive oil. Season with S&P to taste. 
3. Grate a zucchini with a box grater and ring it in a paper towel to get some water out. 
3. Drain quinoa and mix with vinaigrette and add zucchini and feta. 
4. Refrigerate or serve warm. 

How do you eat healthy while on the run?



Our New House!!!



5 comments:

  1. I feel you! I've been trying to help my fiance with last minute wedding preparations, which is in 2.5 weeks!! The salad sounds delicious, congrats on the new house, can't wait to get a house!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear ya! Wedding planning is insane! Good luck with everything!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the new house! We will be in RI next week and I can't wait to eat some fresh seafood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It is pretty great so far! I had an awesome Lobster roll last week. God I love RI. Have fun while you are here!

      Delete
  3. Looks delish Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete