Alright Folks! I am back in action! Things have been so insane with getting our house ready to move into, not to mention my husband had leg surgery! Sheesh, I was running around like a crazy person!I don't know about you, but with working and running around buying paint, curtains and furniture I barely had time to cook a good meal. Just because you aren't home does that mean you settle for fast food? Heck no! It means you cook something super easy that is healthy & yummy!( I know, a girl can dream!)
Some ideas for Mix-Ins are:
- Veggies ( broccolli,yellow squash,tomatoes,onions)
- Greek Yogurt
- Grilled Shrimp
- Black Beans
Zucchini & Feta Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 zucchini, grated
1 . Cook quinoa to packaged instructions.
2. While quinoa is boiling, mix lemon juice,zest and olive oil. Season with S&P to taste.
3. Grate a zucchini with a box grater and ring it in a paper towel to get some water out.
3. Drain quinoa and mix with vinaigrette and add zucchini and feta.
4. Refrigerate or serve warm.