Monday, July 22, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Doggie Treats


I found another great doggie treat recipe this weekend! I love making my pug Meatball homemade dog treats whenever I can. By doing this I can control the ingredients, where it is made and how healthy it is. In these treats I combined peanut butter ( one of Meatball's favorite treats) with other delicious ingredients like oatmeal and coconut oil.Coconut oil makes your dog's coat super shiny and you should just consider it dog crack because the minute I take out the jar Meatball goes nuts.


  These treats are super easy to put together and will last while in the freezer. Depending on how large your dog is you can make these treats as small or large as your dog can fit in their mouths! Since Meatball is pretty small, I made 12 treats. I layed them out on a sheet pan in the freezer then transferred them to a freezer bag. Bam. Dog treats done.

Now I know all of you are wondering... Well...did she like them? Let me premise this by saying... Of course she liked them. First, she literally eats everything. Second, they have peanut butter. What dog doesn't like peanut butter? So try them. I am pretty sure your dog will love them!

No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Doggie Treats

Meatball with her treat! 
























Ingredients:
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water( possibly a couple of tablespoons more)
1/4 cup coconut oil

Directions:

1. In a large bowl mix oats,peanut butter,water and coconut oil and mix until blended with hands or a large spoon.

2. Take small amounts of mixture and roll in between both hands into a ball. I made one inch balls and it made 12. They are a good size for a small dog. If you have a larger dog make 6 larger treats.

3. On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper place treats and freeze for a minimum of 2-3 hours.

4. Once frozen, empty into a freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment