I could have entitled this post easiest dessert that you will be addicted to for the rest of your life. Or simply, food crack. My husband is in love with cookies and cream anything so when I saw a recipe for this I got some inspiration. After tasting it, I know why he loves it so much. It was amazing. What makes this even better? It has two ingredients! Yup, two. You can even use this as a base recipe and put your family's favorite toppings in it.
For this recipe all you need is a bag of white chocolate chips ( 13 oz) and about 15 oreos. If white chocolate isn't your thing you can totally use milk or dark chocolate. Since this is so easy to make you can make all different kinds and give them as presents or make them at a kids birthday party. A nice make your own chocolate bar theme with different toppings and they can make their own. Come to think of it, I might do that( currently writing that idea down.) For planning purposes, this recipe makes about 6-8 large pieces of bark. If you are making it for a crowd, I would suggest doubling the recipe ( basically buying another bag of chips) because you will have enough oreos ( I only used 1/3 of the package.)
Just because I love you guys, here are some other ideas for yummy bark :
- Dark chocolate with dried cranberries & pistachios
- Milk chocolate with crumbled heath bar
- Dark chocolate with orange zest
- White chocolate with sprinkles ( funfetti!!)
- Dark chocolate with sea salt and caramels
What kind of chocolate bark would you create?
Cookies & Cream Bark
1 bag white chocolate chips ( 13 oz)
1. Melt all chocolate chips in a double boiler ( putting a heat safe bowl above a pot of boiling water) until fully melted. You can also do this in small batches in your microwave.
2. Take melted chocolate off of the pot and transfer to a heat safe bowl.Crumble up 12 oreo cookies ( or more if you want) and mix until fully incorporated.
3. In an 8X8 pan put aluminum foil or parchment paper ( making sure it hangs over the edges so you can easily pull the bark out once dried.) Pour into 8X8 pan and smooth top to even out mixture. Crumble 3 ( or more) oreos on top of mixture.
4. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes or until solid. Pull on tabs on paper and pull out bark & cut into uneven pieces.