I love french fries. I love french fries more than many things in this world ( no, not my husband.I love him more.)I prefer thick cut steak fries, curly fries and most of all tater tots. I hate shoe string fries. Ugh, gross. Unfortunately, my thighs hate french fries. They probably scream every time I bite into the hot, crispy spuds. My thighs will forever be grateful for this creation. Baked zucchini fries are a great alternative to french fries because like their potato counterparts they are crispy on the outside and soft and pillowy on the inside.
|Um.. Monster Zucchini|
Baked Buffalo Zucchini FriesIngredients:
1 large or 2 small zucchinis cut into match sticks
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup buffalo sauce ( I used store bought)
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 Tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray
Blue cheese Dressing ( store bought or home made) dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and crack 2 eggs into a bowl.
3. Dredge zucchini sticks through egg then breadcrumbs.
3. Spray sheet pan with cooking spray or olive oil and place sticks on pan skin side down
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
5. While hot, toss with buffalo sauce to lightly coat and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles.
6. Eat imminently*** and enjoy!!
*** I noticed that when these sat for awhile they got soggy. Still delicious, but soggy. So don't toss them in the buffalo sauce until you are about to eat them.