Picture everything you love about guacamole, crumbled bacon and goat cheese on a thin crispy grilled pizza crust. Yup, that's what this is. The smokiness of the bacon paired tangy goat cheese and creamy avocado is delicious!I was in the mood for grilled pizza, but I wanted to change things up a bit. Instead of making one big pizza I made 5 small pizzas or pizettes ( which I think sounds much more fancy). This is perfect for couples or families that can't decide on the same toppings for their pizza. After all, toppings are very particular to each person. I really like bacon, pineapple and jalapeno or margherita. My husband on the other hand only likes pepperoni or four cheese and are you ready for this.... no sauce. Yup, he hates sauce. So usually we always order two pizzas, however pepperoni is growing on me.
Making small pizzas is also a cute idea for a make your own pizza party. You can put toppings in bowls and have guests add their own toppings! For this recipe I bought store bought whole wheat dough. In Rhode Island they have fresh dough made daily at bakeries or super markets. If you don't have that you can always use store bought dough ( like Pilsbury.) I just really like the taste of fresh dough though. And don't forget. You can always make your own.
For this pizza,the combination If these toppings aren't your thing try these ideas!
- Brush crust with melted butter.Sprinkled cinnamon-sugar. Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream
- Spread fresh ricotta. Top with fresh figs and mozzarella. Drizzle balsamic vinegar.
- Spread ranch dressing and top with grilled chicken,tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
What's your favorite pizza topping?
Baconey Guacamole Pizza
1 pound fresh pizza dough
3 strips of bacon
1 tablespoon goat cheese
Chopped cilantro for garnish
1.Separate pizza dough into four separate balls. Roll out pizza dough until thin. If you want to make one big pizza, omit this step
2. Set grill to medium-low brush dough with oil and put on preheated grill. Keep moving the grilled pizza clockwise to have it cook evenly. Once first side is brown, flip and repeat.
3. While pizza is cooking, cook bacon and crumble until crispy. Mash avocado and add lime juice and salt,pepper.
4.Once dough is done add mashed avocado, crumbled bacon and goat cheese.For this pizza I did not cook the toppings on the grill. If you are melting cheese or adding toppings or sauce add them when you flip the pizza to the second side. Enjoy!