That's right readers! After a week off I am back! I have just found what might be my favorite recipe so far this year. I love anything buffalo. I have a ton of buffalo themed recipes on my blog. Buffalo Turkey Meatballs. Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Baked Buffalo Zucchini Fries. What rocks about these recipes and the one I am about to introduce you to are all healthy!Wahooooooo! You can eat buffalo style food and still be healthy!
This quinoa is so amazing and super easy to put together. It is perfect for lunch,dinner or a party. You can even serve it over a salad. You can even bake it if you want. If you crave buffalo flavor, but don't want all of the calories this dish is for you! I made the mistake of making this in the morning and I ate an entire serving at 10am. I guess it was breakfast? I also had some for dinner. If I was home I would have had it for lunch too. That is how good it is. Try it. See for yourself.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa
Adapted from Half Baked HarvestIngredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup chicken cubed
1/2 Frank's Red Hot sauce
4 scallions chopped
Bunch of chives ( chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup blue cheese & more for sprinkling
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Boil quinoa to packaged directions until cooked.
2. While quinoa is boiling,mix olive oil and hot sauce in a large bowl.
3. If using rotisserie chicken, pull from bones and chop. If cooking raw chicken, chop chicken and saute with 1 tsp olive oil until cooked.
4. When quinoa is cooked, add to sauce and add chicken. Add blue cheese
5. Add 1/2 chopped scallions and chives. Mix well.
6. Top with more blue cheese,chives and scallions.