Do I have a winning pasta dish for all of you! I love pesto and goat cheese together and when you combine that with fresh pasta, you get pure amazingness. Fresh pasta is something from the god's...... Or the supermarket. Fresh pasta cooks in just minutes and it tastes so much better than boxed pasta. If ou need a tutorial click here!You can make this summer pasta with anything from your garden. If you really want to go crazy you could add jalapeno or cilantro to the pesto and add vegetables from your garden. You can even use this pesto to spread on pizza to serve with this pasta also. If you have any pesto left over you can fill up ice trays and freeze them to use later!
Summer Pesto Pasta with Goat Cheese
Pesto ( home made or store bought)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/2 lb fresh tagliatelle
2 tsp olive oil
1 carton sliced baby bella mushrooms
1. I followed this recipe for home made pesto. If you have a food processor pesto is a cinch so make it yourself! If you make the pesto yourself set aside when done.
2. Slice shallot and mushroom and saute(medium) with olive oil until tender. Add cherry tomatoes until they burst.
3. While you are sauteing, boil the fresh pasta ( less than 3 minutes to cook). If you are using boxed pasta cook to packaged directions.
4. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to pan with mushrooms and tomatoes. Add pesto and toss.
5. Plate in bowls and top with crumbled goat cheese!