Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012's Most Popular Recipes

I am super excited to finally be able to write this post! I started my blog in November of 2011 and towards the end of the year I was reading all of my fellow bloggers posts about what recipes were the most popular from that year. I only had a blog for two months so it didn't really make sense for me to do it too, but now with a year of blogging under my belt I am finally showing my readers what posts were the most popular!The funniest thing about these posts is that the top 3 most popular recipes of the year were posted within the same week! What a great week I had!

5. Quinoa with Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms












This dish is both healthy and easy to prepare! When roasted the balsamic dressing gets thick and luscious and having a big ole bowl of quinoa makes it super healthy as well as delicious. This recipe is perfect if you are trying to start the year out healthy and happy!

4. Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower


 












This may have been one of my favorite recipes of the year. I have made it numerous times and it is super flavorful and you won't miss the meat! This was a recreation of Bonefish Grille's Bang Bang Shrimp, which is basically fried shrimp in a yummy spicy mayo like sauce. I decided to use cauliflower ad bake it until crunchy with panko. The result: A flavorful and satisfying meal that is perfect for vegetarians or meat lovers!

3.Potato Dauphinois

















Why hello fancy side dish!I got this recipe from a blogger recipe swap and am I happy I did! I have made it for two holidays and its prep time is less then fifteen minutes. Your mandolin will be your best friend with this recipe. It makes the job so much easier! Every guest I have had thinks this recipe is so fancy and the best part is that I know how easy it was to make. It can be your secret too!

2. DIY Pickled Onions
















I was pretty surprised to see my readers were so excited about pickled onions! I do happen to love pickled onions though. They are super versatile and can be used on anything from pork roasts to fish tacos. They are super easy to make and store so look no further with this recipe I got from Bon Appetit Magazine!

1. Cheesy Quinoa Mac & Cheese

















This recipe was by far my most popular of the year. It got almost 14,000 views the first day I posted it and was on the Pinterest Popular Board for a couple of months. It is such a great and healthy way to eat comfort food and still feel good about what you are eating. Might I add it is gluten free!I also like you can add whatever you want to this recipe to make it your own. I add a ton of veggies ( sometimes bacon) and it is a new meal every time!

1 comment:

  1. I made the 'cheesy quinoa' a few months ago and it was delicious! My husband is picky about his mac n cheese, but he loved it too (but said it shouldn't be called mac n cheese because he had certain expectations... like i said, he's picky). I added tomatoes from my garden.

    http://alleysrecipebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete