And I am back! Wow, it is funny how much a stomach virus can make you crumble under its wrath.Rest assured ( and I did get ALOT of rest) I am back in action and ready to share a delicious recipe with you!
Adapted from Oh My Veggies!
Cauliflower & Carrot Fritters with Feta Yogurt Sauce
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup baby carrots carrots
1 jalapeno (seeded,chopped)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
2 green onions, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil
Feta Yogurt Sauce
1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tablespoons crumbled feta
1 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper
1.Combine the water, cauliflower, and carrots in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes, then drain well.
2. Place the cauliflower and carrots on a few layers of paper towels and pat dry.
3. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop.Also finely chop jalapeno.
4. Place the chopped veggies in a large bowl; add flour and stir to coat. Fold in the cheeses, salt, pepper, green onions, and
5. Use an ice cream scoop to make similar sized patties and lay of a cookie sheet. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Place each fritter in the pan and using a spatula to flatten each fritter.
7. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes, then carefully flip over and cook for about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil if needed.
8. Mix all ingredients for sauce and whisk until ingredients are combined.