Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Quinoa Bake


Hooray! I am back and cooking in our new house! I never thought I would get sick of eating out or eating pizza weekly, but I really missed cooking! Lucky for you I have come back with a cheesy little number that is healthy! Whenever I can combine cheesy and healthy in the same sentence then I am one happy girl.


You can literally put whatever you want in this casserole. I decided on broccoli and chicken. Some other yummy combos could be goat cheese and scallions, cheddar and salsa or blue cheese and butternut squash. The possibilities are endless. Also use whatever cheese you like. I used super sharp cheddar because that is what I had on hand, but any cheese will work here. This is also a perfect meal for parents with picky eaters ( or in my case husbands) that won’t eat dinner unless it has cheese on it. Oh yeah.. and did I mention this dish has Greek Yogurt in it too? Score! Hello protein and calcium. Don’t have Greek on hand? You can use regular yogurt. It gives the dish a yummy creamy texture. What’s not to love about cheesy,creamy and healthy? That’s right, nothing. You’re welcome.Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 cups quinoa ( cooked)
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 pound of chicken breast chopped
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese ( low fat)
1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt ( I used Chobani)
1 egg
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil

Directions:
1.       Cook quinoa to packaged directions.
2.       While quinoa is cooking. Sauté chicken and 1 tablespoon of olive oil until fully cooked. When chicken is cooked, wipe out pan and sauté broccoli and garic until tender with another tablespoon ( or less) or oil.
3.       When quinoa is cooked, add to a large bowl with chicken. Add cheese,egg,and Greek yogurt and mix well.

4.       Add to a baking dish ( optionally spray the dish with cooking spray) and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment