Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blueberry Waffle Sandwiches



Can we just talk about my new obsession with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter?I went twenty eight years of my life without this 8th wonder of the world. Thank god my friend Katie introduced me to it last weekend. For those of you who have not tried cookie butter before let me explain. It is almost like peanut butter, but WAY BETTER. It tastes like peanut butter with cinnamon graham crackers crushed in it. Pure genius Trader Joe's. So genius in fact the Trader Joe's near my friend only lets you buy one at a time! They are rationing cookie butter! Sorry, I digress. Where am I going with all of this?Breakfast. 



Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you energy to survive the rest of your day, like the horrors of your job,kids,or having a muster of energy to even think about working out. It all starts with breakfast people. So this recipe is super simple. You might even be thinking why is she even posting about this?I am posting because it is an amazing breakfast that is super easy to make. So if you think you can walk out your door in the morning without this waffle in your hand in less than 5 minutes you are crazy. 
My husband is in San Francisco this week so it is just me and Meatball. Which means I am taking her out at 5am and feeding her. Going back to bed until six and then getting myself and her out the door at 7am. Phew. It is Wednesday and I am already tired. Anyway, I have gotten making this sandwich down to a science. When I let Meatball out at 5am,I toast the waffle and leave it in the toaster. When I am about to leave I heat it back up for a minute then slather cookie butter and smoosh blueberries in it. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon and done. 
Please feel free to make the waffles yourself .I usually make a large batch on the weekends then freeze them in a ziplock bag and eat them all week. Whatever way you choose to make the waffles eat breakfast! Your body will thank you!

Blueberry Waffle Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 toaster waffle ( I used whole wheat,low sugar)
1 tbsp TG Cookie Butter ( aka liquid gold)
1/4 cup of blueberries
Drizzle of honey
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Directions:
1. Toast waffle to your liking. 
2. Slather cookie butter on toasted waffle. 
3. Place blueberries in nooks of waffle and smoosh down with hand. 
4. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle cinnamon. 




2 comments:

  1. You can get this butter by the barrel in France! This kind of cookie is famous here. They are amazing with coffee, or just peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is insane. It is quite delicious on everything I have tried it on!

      Delete