Monday, April 22, 2013

Grilled Eggplant Salad





The weather has been clearing up in Rhode Island as of late and you know what that means….. We are grilling! I love grilling because I don’t have to use my stove and I love the slightly charred texture it gives food. I especially love grilling veggies because they get super tender inside, but their outside texture is crisp and delicious. Eggplant is one of my favorite veggies to grill because it holds up well to grilling and I love the tender center when it is grilled.


I added the grilled eggplant to a spinach salad and topped with feta and my own tangy Greek yogurt dressing. This is a perfect summer salad because it is light, but still filling. If you want extra veggies you can always add grilled peppers, onions and zucchini for a delicious grilled veggie salad! So if you haven’t yet fire up your grill and make this salad!
 















Ingredients:
1 large eggplant sliced
4 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic chopped
2 cups baby spinach
Zest of one lemon
3 sprigs of thyme
1/4 cup feta cheese

Dressing
½ cup Greek yogurt
Juice of one lemon
olive oil ( optional)


Directions:

1. Marinate eggplant in olive oil lemon zest and garlic for 20 minutes
2. Turn grill to medium low and grill eggplant for 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
3. Add spinach to a serving dish
4. Mix ingredients for dressing and wisk until smooth. If needed and some olive oil to thin out.
5. Add eggplant to salad, sprinkle with sea salt and top with dressing.




2 comments:

  1. I keep trying eggplant, but it never really satisfies me! I've yet to try grilling it though, maybe that's the key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it grilled a lot! Eggplant also satisfies me when I chop it into cubes and put it in a tomato sauce. Kind of like a bolognese

      Delete