I love classic bruschetta but this cheesy twist makes it even more delicious. You can mix the ricotta the day before and can cut the tomatoes in the morning and let them marinate for a few hours. I love this dish because the ricotta is so luscious and creamy. When paired with the acidic tomatoes you have a match made in heaven! Since there are minimal ingredients in this recipe make sure you get good quality ingredients. Try some local artisan bread juicy tomatoes and creamy ricotta. I am lucky enough to have a ton of local cheeses to Rhode Island so I try to use those whenever I can. Try this yummy and easy app for the holidays that are very fastly approaching. Your guests will thank you.
Ricotta & Cherry Tomato BruschettaIngredients:
1 loaf artisan baguette
1 carton cherry tomatoes ( tomatoes cut in half)
1 pint whole milk ricotta
1 handfull of basil chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Zest of one lemon
S&P to taste
1. Cut bread in one inch slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil on both sides and bake at 450F until golden brown ( about 8 minutes.)
2. While bread is toasting halve tomatoes and add to a large bowl. Add 1 tsp olive oil and vinegar. Add S&P to taste. Cover as store in refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
3. Mix ricotta with lemon zest, salt, pepper and chopped basil. Set aside and put in fridge.
4. When ready to assemble, take cooled baguette and smooth ricotta on in an even layer. Top with a couple of tomatoes.
5. Optional: Top with balsamic reduction, extra basil or a drizzle of olive oil.