Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies


When I saw this recipe in Eating Well  I could not wait to try these blondies. Instead of using regular flour the recipe uses quinoa flour! Genius! Don't have quinoa flour? Grind up raw quinoa in a coffee grinder and you will have quinoa flour in ten seconds. As if it doesn't get any better to get have blondies that are gluten free, they are only 146 calories each!

Did I convince you yet? Ok fine. There is also minimal ingredients and most of them you probably have in your house. If that didn't do it I don't know what will. You know, it's funny. Growing up I never really liked sweets. Boy have times changed. Now I swear I need chocolate every time I finish a meal. If I can curb that sweet tooth by eating a delicious blondie that keeps me full and is delicious I am all for it. And you should be too!

Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies

 Makes 24 Blondies
 Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth or crunchy natural almond butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
  2. Beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before cutting into 24 pieces. Let cool completely before storing.


No comments:

Post a Comment