Monday, September 23, 2013

Taste Trekker's Food Tourism Conference



I am still feeling so amazing after the Taste Trekker's Food Tourism Conference in my little state Rhode Island! Did I mention they sent us home with the most amazing gift bags? I couldn't have gone to this event without the help of I Heart Rhody! Haven't checked out here blog? Click here! 

Taste Trekkers is the country's first food tourism conference. This conference had it all- mystery dinners, foodie travel seminars, a food truck brunch and a grand tasting, which I was lucky enough to be a part of! I especially loved the grand tasting because I was lucky to get the best of local cheeses,beer,liquor and yummy Rhode Island delights. 



I started my tour at the Persimmon Booth where I had the most amazing warm lamb rillettes. I am not kidding when I tell you I saw multiple people finish this and slowly tilt the bowl back and drink the au jus from the dish because it was THAT GOOD. Yes, I did too.

Yes, the second picture is a hot dog. I know. Not very foodie of me. However, this is no ordinary hot dog. It is a New York System Hot Weiner! For those of you who do not know this Rhode Island delicacy, you get to eat not only an amazing hot dog, but top it with meat sauce, minced onions and celery salt and you have a Rhode Island classic. They even served them with the Rhode Island drink of choice- coffee milk!


This is my husband Toby in front of our favorite booth of the day, Farmstead! When I tell you Toby and I went to this booth at least three times I am not being sarcastic. This booth housed the most amazing Baley Hazen ( raw cow's milk) blue cheese from Vermont. OMG. Paired with some local bread we were just in heaven. 



Some other amazing highlights were: Fresh carved prosciutto ( SERIOUSLY.) Local beers from Foolproof Brewery . I literally never knew this brewery was in my back yard and was so delicious! With names like Backyahd ( RI speak for Backyard) I couldn't help but poke fun at the RI/Boston accent. You know... like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. Another hit was braised short ribs from The Waterman Grille ( OMG) And last but not least, my husband's second favorite treat Johnny Cakes ( like corn pancakes.) So delicious.

Oh.. and did I mention we had more cheese......



6 comments:

  1. The food was crazy good, wasn't it? I'm glad you had a good time! Did you know those johnny cakes had maple butter on them? Extra delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! That must have been why they were so good! I swear my husband had 15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice reading this post. Reminded me of my conference in NY

    Hot food tables

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! We're so glad you made it out to the conference. Thanks for making our first year so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a video recap of the Taste Trekkers Conference: http://youtu.be/yQtGHnR4288

    ReplyDelete