Monday, May 7, 2012

Granola Power Bites


Ever wish you could pop some goodness in your mouth and your body would be fueled for hours? Look no further! These power bites are full of fiber, protein and are a great snack pre or post work out. Heck, I might even have them for breakfast. I might even go as far as saying they are perfect when you are craving something sweet. I would totally eat them for dessert and not feel guilty about it at all!

Can I start by saying, these bites could not be any easier to prepare! You literally measure all of the ingredients out, mix and refrigerate. You can add whatever mix-ins you like much like the granola bars I made before. I used unsweetened coconut flakes and chunky peanut butter. You can add walnuts, cranberries, chocolate chips etc.Use your imagination! I also added chia seeds ( seeds of awesomeness from the Aztecs) because they have a ton of fiber and Omega 3's. Plus they give the bites a nice crunch!

What would you guys add to these to make them delicious??

 Granola Power Bites  

Recipe from Vippins

Makes about 20-25 balls.



Ingredients:
1 cup (dry) oatmeal
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.




Cooking tip: When putting honey or peanut butter in measuring cups, spray measuring cup with cooking spray first so the honey or peanut butter won't stick!

6 comments:

  1. I just made these and they're delicious besides being easy and relatively good for us! I've got to try the Quinoa recipe and several others you've posted lately.

    Thanks, Aunt Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them Aunt Rachel!! The quinoa recipes are really awesome! Let me know if you try them!!

      Delete
  2. I tried the quinoa trail mix balls and they are amazingly good! I eat two every morning with a cup of coffee for breakfast! Look at my blog post about them...it's my new favorite snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I eat them for breakfast too!!! I'm going to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  3. Where can I find the quinoa trail mix bars recipe? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are on Lillian's blog- My Recipe Journey

      Delete